Cylon Controls and its affiliated companies are the "data controller" of the personal information we collect about you in this Privacy and Cookies Statement. This Privacy and Cookies Statement details the steps we take to protect your personal information when you visit any of our websites that contain a link to this document, or when you contact us through our websites, by email or by telephone. It describes how we process personal information relating to you, including the types of personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use it, and any rights you have with respect to your information.
By using or accessing our sites or contacting us you agree that we may process your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy and Cookies Statement. Your use of our sites and any information you provide through them is always subject to this document and the applicable terms and conditions that apply.
Click on any numbered section below to jump to a specific location in this document
- Our Collection of Information
- Our use of Collected Information
- The Legal Basis on which we Process Information
- Disclosure of information
- International Transfers
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Do Not Track Requests
- Your Rights
- Children’s Information
- Links to other Websites
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- Contact Us
Information collected directly from you. When you visit our sites, we may ask you for personal information to provide a service or carry out a transaction that you have requested. You may also provide personal information to us when you contact us with a comment, inquiry or customer support request or when register for an account to use our support sites.
The personal information we collect from you when you use our sites include:
- Identity – Name, title, organization name, email address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country)
- Registration – Information provided by you when you register for a Support Site/Toolbox account to use our support sites, including user names
- Marketing and communications – Including marketing preferences
- Event registration – Information provided by you when registering for an event such as a webinar or off-site event.
- Feedback – Feedback about our sites, products, and services.
- Geo-Location – When you visit any of our sites we collect the precise real-time location (geo-location). This information is only used for the purposes of facilitating your use on our sites.
- Recruitment – Information submitted in connection with a job application or inquiry, including personal email, personal contact phone numbers and personal address.
Information collected about you
The personal information we collect about you when you use our sites include:
- Usage data – Information about how you use our sites, what pages you view, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the site, the website from which you linked to one of our sites and other actions taken within the sites.
- Technical data – Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your language and your operating system.
Information collected from third parties
We may collect personal information about you from third parties, such as social media websites.
We may use the personal information collected from our sites or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services and transactions – We may use your personal information to carry out transactions you have requested, including providing information on Cylon products or services, processing product orders, replacing technical manuals, and answering customer requests.
- Improvement of our sites – We may use your personal information to help us to develop and improve the quality of our sites, products, and services.
- Marketing – We may use your personal information to inform you of products or services and to communicate with you about offerings, events, news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You may opt-out from marketing communications sent via email at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” link found at the bottom of email marketing materials you receive from us. Depending on your country of residence, you may also be able to opt out of other types of marketing communications.
- Employment applications – In connection with a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, or information about professional training and certifications. Cylon and members of our affiliated companies may use this information for employment consideration, and as otherwise set forth in any separate privacy statement or other notice made available in connection with your application. Details for unsuccessful job candidates are held for one year. Details for successful candidates are held for 6 years after the date of cessation of employment.
Research and analysis
We may use personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the marketing we send you.
- Enforcement – We may use the personal information we collect to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuses of our sites.
- Combining data – Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our Sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases, the legal basis will be one of the items listed below.
- The performance of a contract with our customers and suppliers.
- The legitimate interests of Cylon Controls, which are our usual business activities.
- Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas.
- Processing is based on your consent to the handling of your personal information for one or more specified purposes.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties in accordance with applicable law, including as set out below.
- Our affiliated companies – We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies as reasonably necessary
- Disclosure in connection with transactions – In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all your personal information to shipping companies or postal services involved in the fulfillment of the transactions
- Disclosure for other reasons. We may disclose personal information if required or authorized to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances, to protect the personal safety of any individual
By accessing our sites or by contacting us you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be collected, transferred and accessed by Cylon Controls and our affiliates located in countries outside of your country of residence. These countries include but are not limited to, the United States, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Poland, in accordance with applicable law. These countries may have different privacy protection standards than in your country of residence. In such cases, we take measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
Users Located in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Where required, we have put in place appropriate safeguards with our group companies, service providers, contractors, distributors, and other business partners and agents to ensure that transfers of personal information outside the EEA are adequately protected. These safeguards typically comprise the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in accordance with Article 46(2) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal information, please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We use appropriate security procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, or use, including the implementation of security measures that may be required by law.
We use enhanced security measures when processing any sensitive personal information. We maintain security controls to protect personal information and will only disclose or transfer personal information as instructed by the customer.
The safety and security of personal information also depend on the user. When given a User ID and password to access support sites, users are responsible for keeping log-on credentials confidential and not revealing them to others.
Categories of cookies and technologies that we use
We use two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps to recognize an existing user, so it’s easier to return to our sites or interact with our services without signing in again. After you sign in to our support sites, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read when you return to one of our sites. A session cookie only lasts for the duration of site session.
Setting your cookie preference
Our use of web analytics
We use industry standard web analytics to track visits to our sites. The analytics are provided by Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other analytic tools. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our sites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by our Web Analytic Providers on their servers. The Web Analytics Providers will use this information to evaluate your use of our sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You may opt out of Google, Adobe, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter web analytics or otherwise control how these technologies are used when you visit our sites, by following the links below.
Google Analytics Opt-Out Link
Adobe Analytics Opt-Out Link
LinkedIn Analytics Opt-Out Link (Must be logged into your account)
Facebook Insights Opt-Out Link (Must be logged into your account)
Twitter Analytics Opt-Out Link (Must be logged into your account)
Because we do not (and do not permit others) to track our website visitors, we do not process web browser “Do Not Track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
To the extent of applicable law, you may have the right to request that we erase your personal information or restrict processing as it applies to you.
If you are a resident of the EEA, the rights described below may apply to you. For other users, the rights that apply to you will depend on the laws of your country of residence. We will facilitate your exercise of the rights that apply to you in accordance with applicable law. For more information about your rights, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy & Cookies Statement.
- Object: You may be entitled to object to certain types of processing activities involving your personal information, including where we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal information or where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal information in which case we are not obliged to comply with your request.
- Removal – You may be entitled to request we remove your personal information, for example, where the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Limit – You may be entitled to request that we limit our processing of your personal information, for example, where the accuracy of the information is contested by you.
- Permission – If you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw permission at any time by contacting us or, in the case of email marketing, by using the “unsubscribe” link in any of our marketing emails.
Our sites are not directed at children and we do not use our sites to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children. If we learn that a child has provided personal information through one of our sites, we will remove that information from our systems.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website you are using.
We reserve the right to change, modify, and update this Privacy Notice at any time. Please check periodically to ensure that you have reviewed the most current notice.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy & Cookies Statement or our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information listed below. We will promptly address your questions.
|Cylon Controls Ltd. | Global Headquarters
Clonshaugh Business & Technology Park
Dublin 17, D17 A662 Ireland
+353 1 2450500
|Cylon Auto-Matrix | Americas
One Technology Lane
Export, PA 15632